[Nfb-hi] FW: NFB-Newsliner - The Newsletter for Subscribers September 2009

Milton Ota mota1252 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 15:53:10 UTC 2009

  _____

From: NFB-NEWSLINE Team [mailto:rwest at nfb.org]
Sent: Thursday, September 17, 2009 3:28 AM
To: mota1252 at gmail.com
Subject: NFB-Newsliner - The Newsletter for Subscribers September 2009

<http://campaign.constantcontact.com/render?v=001zhxIANf2OP4KNrc-H8q1BkEn9pQ
eZBOcBIp2EtIJorw_z0-1nPHHCHP1sviAgYnZRrmrbgpOwYaHdKULPjysDRqm3F2SIXRGvwyJ7mV
3sI436U546bwcRtpnU3ljZWv1453925pbMXKHt-QI-TkuZP1pNn6mIuDv78REgHqY9kF1sX5oRLd
ewA%3D%3D>

 NFB-NEWSLINE <http://www.nfbnewsline.org>

<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?et=1102712469744&s=3665&e=001oEeTjhOSlszYPWYBbDo8jFva
In3Zp-HYUDE6kLx9vyIoE0Y3lF40IxGPewKGpzBqboB5D-yiOPzBg0DPa-j-3znYIh8yHub_QB6F
DzRWLBgM1KviBW7Tpu2x8IQADhuw> Newspaper boat header

NFB-NEWSLINER Newsletter
The Newsletter for Subscribers - September, 2009

In This Issue
Information about feature updates and new publications
Quick Links

<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?et=1102712469744&s=3665&e=001oEeTjhOSlsxAGmN2phOzKNoe
EuWwJezxbfIZllt8vxNqmOljN4fLmWzQIi49QCy2R-_NElp-hryv-CAKLzBzS08ZW1b4-JQ2CJam
Bi6HK7wGWZI7B2zT1g==> NFB-NEWSLINE Home Page

<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?et=1102712469744&s=3665&e=001oEeTjhOSlszYPWYBbDo8jFva
In3Zp-HYUDE6kLx9vyIoE0Y3lF40IxGPewKGpzBqboB5D-yiOPzBg0DPa-j-3znYIh8yHub_QB6F
DzRWLBgM1KviBW7Tpu2x8IQADhuw> NFB-NEWSLINE Online
Provided By:

<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?et=1102712469744&s=3665&e=001oEeTjhOSlsxnut4HBGqWcS6_
ws0Sdr4uDpkId0i5isKy8oG58KrX2yXqL2kIBplGfrGvnbIyWZNBV6rl4xo8IqYYqaISyRVKTdVQ
_1XVmvw=> Whozit

NFB-NEWSLINER
is a service of the National Federation
of the Blind
 <http://visitor.constantcontact.com/email.jsp?m=1102661541922> Join Our
Mailing List

Dear Milton,

We are experimenting with a new email marketing company, and would
appreciate gaining your thoughts as to layout, readability etc.  Please send
your thoughts to rwest at nfb.org.

Thank you!

Renee West

All aboard the Newsliner!

Greetings, subscribers!  The NFB-NEWSLINER Team has been cruising along
during the past few months and it is certainly time that we connected with
you again.  Since the last newsletter was sent out we have added four new
publications to our service.  They are:

Washington State-Seattle Times
Washington, DC-Washington Examiner
Tennessee-Knoxville News Sentinel
Massachusetts-Boston Herald
New Jersey-Bergen Record
and the magazine for National Active and Retired Federal Employees-NARFE

In our last missive we reported on the launch of NFB-NEWSLINER Online.  In
that time we have seen a great swell in usage, and have introduced new
compatibilities that we wish to share with you.  When we first created
NFB-NEWSLINER In Your Pocket (an easy-to-use feature that allows you to
quickly download favorite publications to a digital talking book player) it
was only made available for use with the Victor Reader Stream.  Now those
subscribers with either an Icon or a Braille Plus can make use of this
exciting initiative.  We are presently seeking to create compatibility with
other digital-talking-book players, and we will certainly advise you when we
do.  If you aren't familiar with or haven't used NFB-NEWSLINER In Your
Pocket, please visit
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?et=1102712469744&s=3665&e=001oEeTjhOSlswFY9AaT8TaWJrl
jCneKCMmcP2WaMIvMZX5XsQSf_-QgLn0ZHS_oSdHlEZRJE9kaGtUMuJB3TO9lOKSkJ3wjzLrNtiu
t3Tk9gzXe6oZHYWkaue5M1Ks2C2a9gZGS6a8WDQ=>
http://www.nfbnewslineonline.org/pocket.htm.  If you would like more
information, you can also listen to a CD we created that gives very detailed
information on the two new features currently available (NFB-NEWSLINER In
Your Pocket and Web News on Demand).  The CD fully describes our new Web
site (
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?et=1102712469744&s=3665&e=001oEeTjhOSlszYPWYBbDo8jFva
In3Zp-HYUDE6kLx9vyIoE0Y3lF40IxGPewKGpzBqboB5D-yiOPzBg0DPa-j-3znYIh8yHub_QB6F
DzRWLBgM1KviBW7Tpu2x8IQADhuw> www.nfbnewslineonline.org) and walks you
through the steps of installing and/or using the new features so that
interested subscribers can easily begin using the initiatives on their own.
If you would like to receive these new promotional items, please contact
Carylin Walton at  <mailto:cwalton at nfb.org> cwalton at nfb.org or (410)
659-9314, extension 2333.  To hear it schooner, er, sooner, you can also
hear the audio on www.nfbnewslineonline.org.  We have also appeared on
several Internet radio or radio-reading-service programs; you can listen to
one by visiting
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?et=1102712469744&s=3665&e=001oEeTjhOSlswpAPbJSeU20ihN
DiFxgaFGuCL11NujQb6wAuvga01gu_dpr1Clrm3MWvr7zwZMxoai5oTa-iuWDiqMdRzRjkMg9Y9V
pJqDDaoeNHStISwX34I-9XvYslzPgPwylkW39aA=>
http://www.thruoureyes.org/podcastArc.html or
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?et=1102712469744&s=3665&e=001oEeTjhOSlsxbIqApkCIcbwHR
Vbc08J7yry-QZcjQOTe0AGrVnCMG9MfP_TCYYFjRLd2r-ZIH-5ZGuAZLql8ejJIz4Sq0PL0wCZQa
_guWBlgWCMMd5KpX70I-OvsepPXsDALeenehCIyy6HIcUhdQsJ6CWV6YTawtJ_sDjpYQoG_yVmZ5
mhRlLbYSNdvE-SJTUSCrmAAzg06B3VrHdxU8Lw==>
http://serotalk.com/2009/06/12/serotalk-tech-chat-20-four-new-services-from-
nfb-newsline/ to hear us discuss these new features.

We are getting ready to release our third revolutionary new initiative,
Podable News!  Podable News provides publication content in audio files and
allows you to choose, cafeteria-style, particular publication sections so
that you can cobble together a "paper" that is comprised of only that
content that is of interest to you!  You can then hear these files on your
computer or download them to a device like the Victor Reader Stream or an
MP3 player.  We'll have more information about that in our next Newsliner!

Many subscribers have asked us if they need a new or different set of
subscriber identification codes to use the new features, such as Web News on
Demand.  The answer is no, your current subscriber codes will allow you to
access the new features.  If you have jettisoned your codes from your memory
bank, please contact Carylin Walton; she may be reached by phone at (410)
659-9314, extension 2333, or by e-mail at  <mailto:cwalton at nfb.org>
cwalton at nfb.org.

Portholes

We've heard from subscribers who "galleon"tly shared their favorite
columnists and sections, and we want to pass those along to you.  One
excellent column, says Tim from Alexandria, Virginia, is the Day in History
feature offered by the national Associated Press.  Ginny in California
really enjoys the Datelab column in Sunday's Washington Post.  Datelab joins
two individuals unknown to each other on a date and reports on their
activities and whether sparks flew or just fizzled betwixt these
Post-cross'd lovers.  I must confess an affinity for the Book Review section
in the Sunday edition of the New York Times.  Reading excellent reviews of
interesting new books by thoughtful writers on a lazy Sunday over a nice cup
of tea...heaven!

There are many fish in the sea, and there are many newspapers and magazines
in circulation.  In an effort to create a publication list that is catered
to our subscriber bass, er, base, we are asking you to please let us know
what are the three publications you would most like us to add to our roster.
To make your request, please e-mail Bob Watson, Content Manager, at
<mailto:bwatson at nfb.org> bwatson at nfb.org.   Poll results will be made
available in the next newsletter.

With nearly 300 publications offered, there are sure to be some top-deck
columns that you read on a regular basis.  Why not share your favorite
section or columnist with us?  Also, let us know where you go to get good
recipes and business news and why; we'll share this information so that
others can likewise be in the know.  Please send your recommendations to
Renee West at  <mailto:rwest at nfb.org> rwest at nfb.org.

(Broad)casting Off

Do you have a page on a social networking site like Facebook or LiveJournal?
Do you participate in discussion boards such as System Access Mobile
Network's?  If you are, you can help us to inform members of the
print-disabled community about NFB-NEWSLINER and its new features.  If you'd
like, we can even provide you with language that you can use as well as an
image that links to our new Web site so that you can spread the word to your
mates.  Send an e-mail to  <mailto:rwest at nfb.org> rwest at nfb.org to get the
sloop, oops, scoop on how to cast a net on the 'Net!

Making Waves

Attention buoys and windlasses!  Do you want "moor" of the latest news about
NFB-NEWSLINER?  Do you anchor, er, hanker, to know when we've added a new
publication?  You can get onboard by following us on Twitter; please visit
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?et=1102712469744&s=3665&e=001oEeTjhOSlszcFEs2ub8q0RbF
GTamaH8PuevvtnU4Oub6JtQ3QOeXS_0EYPpG7sCmhqNGaxk2-yj5b1qwMmjdOYIvpegfJwm1GtJx
b-pZYRUNAOnfFow7ytfSGXU4Retr> http://twitter.com/NFB_NEWSLINE and sign up so
that you can be in the know.

Until next time...

The NFB-NEWSLINER Team wishes you Smooth Sailing!

NFB-NEWSLINER: On the Phone, On the Web, and On the Go!

Renee West
NFB-NEWSLINER Marketing and Outreach Manager

Forward email
<http://ui.constantcontact.com/sa/fwtf.jsp?m=1102661541922&ea=mota1252%40gma
il.com&a=1102712469744>

<http://visitor.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?v=001Olbj1iTXQSUE5NsLf9-sVOdMqZ2B6
rlXXZwYncKbTSWh5tW_tyMuJg%3D%3D&p=un> Safe Unsubscribe

This email was sent to mota1252 at gmail.com by rwest at nfb.org.
Update Profile/Email Address
<http://visitor.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?v=001Olbj1iTXQSUE5NsLf9-sVOdMqZ2B6
rlXXZwYncKbTSWh5tW_tyMuJg%3D%3D&p=oo>  | Instant removal with
SafeUnsubscribe
<http://visitor.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?v=001Olbj1iTXQSUE5NsLf9-sVOdMqZ2B6
rlXXZwYncKbTSWh5tW_tyMuJg%3D%3D&p=un> T | Privacy Policy
<http://ui.constantcontact.com/roving/CCPrivacyPolicy.jsp> .
Email Marketing <http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=news09>  by
 <http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=news09>
NFB-NEWSLINE | 1800 Johnson Street | Baltimore | MD | 21230

<http://rs6.net/on.jsp?t=1102712469744.0.1102661541922.3665&ts=S0414&o=http:
//ui.constantcontact.com/images1/s.gif>