[Nfb-hi] 18th Annual White Cane Walk

Milton Ota mota at hawaii.rr.com
Thu Aug 26 20:17:16 UTC 2010

18th Annual White Cane Walk

TO:          All Persons Who Are Blind & Visually
Impaired

FROM:    Gavan Abe, Acting Community Services

        Coordinator

SUBJECT: ANNUAL WHITE CANE SAFETY
AWARENESS DAY WALK & T-SHIRT                               ORDERS

Ho opono Services for the Blind will again be organizing its annual White
Cane Safety Awareness Day Walk to increase the general public s awareness of
the long white cane and its significance and importance for persons who are
blind and visually impaired. Please come and join us in our march through
downtown Honolulu to remind Hawaii motorists to exercise caution and safety
as they drive and see pedestrians using the white cane. This year's walk is
scheduled as follows:

          White Cane Safety Awareness Day Walk

          Friday, October 15, 2010

          9:15 a.m. T-Shirt Pick Up at State Capitol

          9:45 a.m. Pre-Walk Program

          10:00 a.m. Walk Commences!

The walk concludes at approximately 10:45 a.m. at the Iolani Palace grounds
with free refreshments served. Walk participants are invited to celebrate
the long white cane and enjoy the special entertainment by talented
musicians and vocalists who are blind.

Please call Gavan Abe at 5 8 6 5 2 7 1 before September 24th with your name
and T-Shirt size. T-shirts are only for walk participants and a T-shirt is
not guaranteed if you call after September 24th.

On behalf of all of the staff of Ho opono, thank you sincerely for all of
your past support and participation in our annual White Cane Safety
Awareness Day Walk!