[Nfb-hi] FW: Newsline

Milton Ota mota at hawaii.rr.com
Wed Jan 19 02:27:05 UTC 2011

  _____

From: Virgil Stinnett [mailto:one.fisherman at hawaiiantel.net]
Sent: Tuesday, January 18, 2011 2:57 PM
To: Virgil Stinnett
Subject: Newsline

Aloha All,
We need everyone to call Senator Suzanne Chun Oakland's office to ask her to
please make sure that Newsline has a chance to be heard in legislation this
year.
At this time our Newsline bill does not have a number and, I will be honest
with all of you.  We have a uphill battle with this bill.  Our greatest
opposition is DCAB and the deaf community.  There are those who have opposed
this bill in the past and still do today.,  They are giving out
misinformation about how Newsline has and still is going to harm deaf relay
service by using the Universal Surcharge.  We are still getting info about
all of the States who are using the Surcharge and so far we have not gotten
any information that it has taken away from the Deaf Relay Service.
All we need you to do at this time is to call and let them know that you
would like to have the possibility to share on how Newsline is benefiting
you, or someone you know.
Senator Suzanne Chun Oakland's number is (808) 586-6130.
Mahalo and Aloha,
Virgil Stinnett/ NFB Hawaii Legislative Chair
(808) 7224243

  _____

No virus found in this message.