[Nfb-hi] FW: Service Animals in Housing Meeting

Milton Ota mota at hawaii.rr.com
Wed Jul 13 19:11:53 UTC 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: Debbie L. Jackson [mailto:debbra.jackson at doh.hawaii.gov]
Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2011 7:54 AM
To: Service Animal Group
Cc: Francine Wai; Charlotte Townsend; Bill Hoshijo; Livia.A.Wang at hawaii.gov
Subject: Service Animals in Housing Meeting

Service Animal Group members,

Since DCAB's initial meeting with you in January and the passage of SB 892,
we are convening a second meeting to discuss issues related to service
animals in housing.

At the first meeting, some of you discussed concerns related to service
animals in housing situations. We are now asking for more feedback related
to service animals in housing situations and problems you have encountered.

We have asked Bill Hoshijo from the Hawaii Civil Rights Commission to come
and discuss the issue of "reasonable restrictions" with the group and ask
you for feedback about what you consider "reasonable restrictions" related
to animals as a reasonable accommodation in housing.

The meeting is planned for: