[Nfb-hi] Bill 36

John T Hays, III johnthaysiii at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 23:36:00 UTC 2016

Dear Mayor Caldwell,
As a disabled citizen and long-time member of the National Federation of
the Blind, I respectfully, but firmly, request that you veto Bill 36 as it
would tend to eliminate competition and raise costs on local auto
transportation, by eliminating Uber, a reasonably priced, readily available
form of transportation which is of great utility for blind people, and for
many, the *only form of transportation* which is available at a reasonable
price.  The Bill before you would tend not only to eliminate this practical
form of transportation for us, but also it would tend to raise prices even
more across the board by eliminating competition in that field.
Thank you in advance for giving due consideration to our request.
​Aloha,​

​*John T Hays*
*​Post Office Box 1855*
*​Honolulu, HI 96805-1855*