[Nfb-hi] Urgent!!! Uber Lift legislation support needed ASAP!

Katie Keim 808keim at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 20:59:42 UTC 2016

See the note below I received today from the Uber operations manager.

Last minute, but let's all do our best to support a much needed form of
transportation in Hawaii!

* The Links to submitting testimony And time and location to show up
tomorrow at the hearing are listed below.

Aloha, Katie

Yes, thank you for reaching out and thank you for supporting ridesharing in
Hawaii!

As discussed with Lin and Shannon the past few days, Uber and other
transportation network companies (TNCs) are opposing Bill 85 which is being
heard by the City Council Budget Committee.  Elements of Bill 85 attempt to
redefine TNCs as taxicabs, putting Uber out of operation and taking away
choice for riders.

A link to the bill can be found here:  Bill 85
<http://www4.honolulu.gov/docushare/dsweb/Get/Document-177135/BILL085(15)%2c
%20CD1.pdf>

Uber Hawaii General Manager, Brian Hughes, provided his testimony here
<http://www4.honolulu.gov/docushare/dsweb/Get/Document-179067/dspage01773047
050582799916.pdf> .

If you would like to submit written testimony to the city council and/or
register for in-person testimony please use this link:
http://www.honolulu.gov/ccl-testimony-form.html?view=form

Having your voice heard by the city council will go a long way in keeping
ridesharing here in Hawaii for the long term.

Committee Hearing Information:

-  Wednesday, March 30th at 9am

-  Honolulu Hale (city hall building)

-  530 South King St, Honolulu, HI 96813

Please let me know if you would like to discuss further.

Many thanks,

Alex

--

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.hipchat.com/17604/95362/Xa5XFMx0haBCBli/Ube