[Nfb-hi] Urgent Legislative Action Needed

Justin Salisbury PRESIDENT at alumni.ecu.edu
Thu Dec 7 12:29:15 UTC 2017

Aloha Kakahiaka:

We have an urgent need for legislative action here. We need chapter participation. Just me contacting them has not gotten them to act yet.

You'll notice two emails in your inboxes from a few minutes ago, where I wrote to key staff for Senator Brian Schatz and Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard. These two of our legislators have not taken the initiative to cosponsor the Access Technology Affordability Act. Thankfully, Congresswoman Hanabusa and Senator Hirono have cosponsored it already. We just need the other two to join them.

You don't have to be super-expert in legislation to help. All it takes is a simple Reply All to that email, seconding my message, adding whatever comments you wish to add. Typing your address would help, too, just to show that you're a real person in Hawaii.

They don't believe that people care because they aren't hearing from you.

If you can please help, your two minutes of time will make a difference.

Mahalo,

Justin

Justin M. Salisbury, MA, NOMC, NCRTB, NCUEB
Legislative Committee Chair
Honolulu Chapter
National Federation of the Blind of Hawaii
Email: President at Alumni.ECU.edu<mailto:President at Alumni.ECU.edu>
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/justin-salisbury

"Once social change begins, it cannot be reversed. You cannot un-educate the person who has learned to read. You cannot humiliate the person who feels pride. You cannot oppress the people who are not afraid anymore."

Cesar Chavez