[Nfb-hi] Message from our national President of NFB

Virgil Stinnett 808virgil at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 16:25:07 UTC 2019

Since our revolutionary start in 1940, the National Federation of the Blind
has carefully crafted ours strategic policies that have been built upon the
priorities of the membership and executed by the leaders of the
organization. This approach has resulted in tremendous growth for the
National Federation of the Blind. Over the years, this growth has brought
great opportunities and increased complexity to the movement. Consequently,
we must continuously review, revise, and communicate the evolved plans of
the organization.

Our current strategic plan has four pillars to organize our next phase of
growth: education, rehabilitation, and employment; membership and community
building; advocacy; and, development. All of the pillars are natural
extensions of our progress as a movement and advances we have made during
the past decade. This month we will examine pillar I: education,
rehabilitation, and employment. In the coming months we will share the
details of the three others.

While there may be other specific programs not directly mentioned, you can
be assured that we continue to review and execute all aspects of the
Federation that are now well-established programs and activities. This means
that the plan does not represent the entire scope of our work but rather key
areas of focus for the next few years.

As the elected President of this organization, I have the humbling
responsibility of leading the implementation of this plan. I have been
deeply involved in the development of the plan, including spending time
reviewing the extensive notes from our focus groups with members. I am
filled with energy and optimism when I imagine what the prospects for blind
Americans will be once we have met the objectives in this plan. It will take
the collective efforts of our thousands of members across the country to
achieve all that we set forth to do. Together with love, hope, and
determination, we will transform dreams into reality.

Let's go build the National Federation of the Blind.

Sincerely,
Mark A. Riccobono, President

NFB President Mark A. Riccobono signature.