[Nfb-idaho] Louis Braille birthday event

Susan Bradley craftisue at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 5 22:00:38 UTC 2009

Hi Everyone

I just wanted to let you know that the Treasure Valley Chapter held an event at Hastings on January 3 to celebrate the 200 birthday of Louis Braille and to let people know about the coin coming out in the spring to commemorate his birthday.  We, Susan Bradley, Mary Ellen Halverson, Dana Ard, and Angela Bradley passed out Braille alphabet cards with a picture of the coin on them.  We displayed twin vision books, an astronomy book with Braille and raised pictures, tactile maps etc.  We were able to talk to several young people and give them a copy of Braille riddles to decipher the code and they were excited to do that.  It was very successful and we all had a good time doing it.  The Panhandle Chapter also did an event at a book store on Sunday January 4 from 11:30 to 1:30 and I hope to hear about their event.

Susan Bradley
NFBI First Vice President