[Nfb-idaho] how to successfully volunteer when you are blind or disabled.

Bill Morgan billmorgan124 at cableone.net
Sat Nov 14 18:15:33 UTC 2009

Hello to all.
This is Bill Morgan

This is going to be one of two emails on this subject. The second is Nan Hawthorne's hand outs on this subject.
As you see by reading this first message Nan really knows her stuff when it comes to knowing what it takes to become that volunteer that is lots of time the crack in the door for employment if done correctly.
Any staff from the training center here should pull these two attachments I am about to place with this.

As it says you can join the group by computer on the link by following the instructions.
This is really a important workshop for those that truly want to learn how to get yourself out there and contribute, and maybe also use it to get your legs on the ground for paid work.

By the way, www.accessibleworld.org is one of the most important sites for the blind there is in America.
Do your self a favor and join up, and learn how to get in on all the wonderful things they have coming up all the time.
Plus they have great archives that are "mp 3" free downloads.

I while in a classroom on Accessible World  met a blind man from  China, and was able to help him, it was great!
 Now don't forget there's a second email attachment with this.
now Hang on, I'm not done yet.
I have added a third fourth  attachment that is web sites for the blind, and possible blind computer instructors you can hire to help you grow in your use of your computers.
There is other ways to keep learning besides just the time they have at the training centers to just get you started on computers.
This last attachment is called "Personal Power."
This is one of the most no frills, get down to it instructions I have come across.
You will really benefit from this if you use it.

I have other info about learning more on     your computers if you contact me.
billmorgan124 at cableone.net
ph, 208-377-3916
Good luck
Bill         Morgan