[Nfb-idaho] FW: [Brl-coordinators] Braille Coin Toss in Louisiana game against BSU

Susan Bradley craftisue at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 19 01:40:49 UTC 2009

 Hey Everyone.  Be sure to read this. It is great news.  Susan

From: eguillory at lcb-ruston.com
To: brl-coordinators at nfbnet.org
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 20:50:37 -0500
Subject: [Brl-coordinators] Braille Coin Toss in Louisiana

Greetings All,

Ryan asked that I post something to the list regarding the upcoming coin toss to take place at the university level here in Louisiana.

The toss utilizing the coin will take place before the Louisiana Tech University and Boise State University football contest to occur the evening of Friday, November 6, 2009 in the city of Ruston, Louisiana. At Louisiana Tech’s request, a brief statement was prepared with respect to the significance of the coin and its importance to our literacy initiatives. One of our LCB staff, Susan Clark, has significant connections throughout the city of Ruston and to Tech in particular. She was the principal for making this possible. We are of course encouraged and excited by Tech’s willingness to collaborate with us.

Unfortunately, we have had no success as yet with the New Orleans Saints despite several attempts. The lesson we have taken from this is that it definitely helps to know people in the right places. We are pleased with this progress and wish all affiliates success as each of you continues your good work. We will continue to fight the good fight and strive for more outreach and coin exposure.

Have a great remainder of the weekend!

Eric Guillory, Director of Youth Services

Louisiana Center for the Blind

101 South Trenton Street

Ruston, LA 71270

Phone: 800-234-4166