[Nfb-idaho] NFB Idaho Convention Preregistration

Susan Bradley craftisue at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 10 16:58:28 UTC 2010

Hello Federation Family and Friends!

The National Federation of the Blind of Idaho is proud to announce our State Convention, March 19 - 21 celebrating Seventy-five (75) Years since the Gem State Blind organized themselves.  We cordially invite each of you to join us for this momentous Diamond Milestone.  “Hats off to Idaho’s Blind, and Pass it Forward”!  Our State Presidents who live around the USA are in order of election; Norm Gardner, Ramona Walhof, Larry Streeter, Paula Aucter, and Elsie Dickerson.

Understanding that all who would like to celebrate with us may be unable to attend, we’d be honored to receive written greetings or tax deductible gifts of door prizes, auction items, hospitality items, historical data or memorabilia, and hats for our HAT Parade, etc.  Our convention will be in Pocatello, Idaho at the Red Lion Hotel near historic Fort Hall, on the Oregon Trail.  The hotel rates are $70.00 plus taxes for singles and doubles with an additional $10.00 for triples and quads.  Reservations need to be made by February 16, 2010 at 208-233-2200.

Convention registration is only $7.50 which is ten cents for each year.  NFB-ID Board Breakfast will begin at 8:30am Friday.  There will be state-of-the-art technology demos, a NFB Orientation seminar, and Division meetings of Seniors, Students, and Parents of Blind Children and then there will be an hour for dinner.  Resolutions Committee will meet at 7pm and the hilarious NFB-ID Jeopardy game will happen at 8pm with Alex Trebec being impersonated by Larry W. Dickerson.  The preregistration form is attached to this email.

Saturday will be General Sessions.  Commencing at 6:30pm the Banquet will include an address from our National Rep, Kevin Worley who is the President of the National Association of Blind Merchants.  We will also have a raffle and auction to add to the fun!

Sunday morning we will have breakfast together, and conduct the business of the Affiliate. Our Annual Convention will adjourn by noon, until spring of 2011.

We hope to see you in Pocatello!

With warmest regards from the Gem State,
LC-D
Elsie Hiebert Dickerson
http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/201469230/direct/01/