[Nfb-idaho] News Updates

Elsie Lamp elsielamp at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 24 00:23:15 UTC 2010

Elsie Hiebert Dickerson, President
National Federation of the Blind of Idaho
211 North 70 East
Malad City, Idaho 83252
208-766-2266
Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Hi There,
I am writing with a mixed bag of news.
 First I would like to offer our deepest condolences to Marie Winchester and her family on the death of our fellow Federationnist Brett Winchester who also was a former long time employee of the Idaho Commission for the Blind & VI.   He had been sick for some time.
Next, Glade Whiting is the new President of Idaho’s new Chapter: the Central Idaho Chapter of the NFB-I with a full board and eleven members.  Congratulations, Glade and to your team!
Many thanks go out to Noel and Shelley Newhouse who were very instrumental in the chapter development. Noel even sacrificed his ankle to the cause!!!!!  By the time you are reading this he is back at Shelley’s Mom’s house and expects to return home over the weekend!   Shelley’s mom Dorothy was also a great help to all of us!
More info will be shared at the NFB-I Board meeting on October the 23rd.

Board member Larry W. Dickerson, my Husband is recuperating at home with home health care, physical therapy, and Speech  therapy after being life flight transported  to a Utah hospital( McKay Dee in Ogden) after a stroke, and complications from Porphyria  His left side was affected and his speech and a few other problems..  He is weak but expected to have a full recovery!  It is so nice to have him back home!
Hope all is well with all of you!

Elsie Dickerson

Elsie H. Dickerson - President
National Federation of the Blind of Idaho
211 North 70 East
Malad City, Idaho 83252

208-241-6030 Mobile

elsiedickerson at ymail.com
Elsie Hiebert Dickeraon

“ Air is to the Body as Understanding is to the Heart.” Stephen R. Covey

“I may have lost my eyesight, but I have not lost my Vision.” J. C. Penney