[Nfb-idaho] Washington Seminar

Ramona Walhof ramona.walhof at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 17:12:51 UTC 2012

I wanted to report that the Washington Seminar for the NFB of Idaho was a
great success this year.  Linda Lindley and I were the representatives, and
we met with both of our Congressmen and both of our Senators personally.  We
had good reception, but will need to recontact them in a couple of week to
get commitments.  Sen. Risch is on the Committee for the Business
Opportunities for the Blind proposal, but he is quite interested.  Rep.
Labrador was in a hurry, and he is starting his next campaign, but we will
see what we see.

Linda did a great job.  We were able to tour the Capitol, the Whitehouse,
and the NFB Headquarters, as well as visit our people on Capitol Hill.
Three Congressmen came to the Gathering In meetings Monday and Tuesday
evenings, and we were able to meet NY past Governor David Paterson.

If it survives shipping, I uhnintentionally bought a chocolate Capitol
Building which I will share with the Treasure Valley Chapter at its next
meeting. The Student Division (NABS) had an evening cafe with an auction, so
I bid on the Capitol Building and got it.  It will be fun for people to
examine I think.  I will cover it with plastic wrap for the looking and take
it off for the eating.  All guests are welcome, it should go around.  It
hasn't arrived yet, but maybe today.

I could fill in more details, but you get the idea.  We had a great trip.

Ramona