[Nfb-idaho] Bell Program

Ramona Walhof ramona.walhof at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 04:55:28 UTC 2012

The NFB of Idaho has been approved as one of the new states for the Bell
program this summer.  That is Braille Enrichment for learning and literacy.
That means we will be sponsoring a two-week program for kids from six to
twelve or so the last week of July and the first week of August. If you know
of a blind or visually impaired child who wants to learn Braille or improve
fluency in Braille, please refer the parents to me.

We will be looking for the best location we can find.  Anyone who wants to
help should contact me. There are a variety of things people can do. Many
will be part-time volunteers.  Since the population is so large in southwest
Idaho, we should probably locate the program here.  However, if there is a
child from another part of the State who would benefit, we should look for
ways to make it happen.

This is an exciting opportunity for us and can be repeated year after year.

Ramona