[Nfb-idaho] Update on my mom and a favor

Mikaela Stevens mikaelastevens at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 01:57:07 UTC 2012

Hey there,

I hope everyone is doing well! I have an update about my mom and a favor to
ask.

She found out yesterday that the lesion the doctors thought was a
demyelination on her spinal cord is more likely a tumor and it needs to be
taken out promptly. On Tuesday, she will be having surgery to remove it.
This is a very complex operation. After being hospitalized for most of next
week, she will move to a rehab center. We do not know how long she will be
there; it depends on how well the surgery goes and how quickly she recovers
but it will likely be many months. Knowing my mom, she will exceed
expectations. She has been such a trooper through all of this.

Please remember my mom in your thoughts and prayers. If you have any
questions, please contact me. My mom will be in lots of appointments and
her pre-op, so it might be hard to get ahold of her.

Thank you for your support and prayers.

Mikaela

--
Mikaela Stevens