[Nfb-idaho] bikeride

Mary Symms-Pollot msymms at clear.net
Sun May 20 23:27:02 UTC 2012

Dear NFB friends,

I greatly appreciate your thanks. I send my thanks to each of you!  This event is so successful because of our group and individual effort. Hurray for our team!!!

Although I chaired this event and followed Ramona's formula, a majority of the work was done by each "Chief" (or as Brenda said yesterday go-fors.)  I am so fortunate to work with people who take on responsibilities and handle them.  That philosophy is central to the NFB and the leadership who nurtured me for many years. I hope to nurture and inspire each of you during the planning and day of the event.  You all inspire me in many ways... To be productive, courageous, and caring of those who matter to me.
I have everyone in the chapter and many volunteer friends of our chapter to thank. Let me just mention a few "Chiefs".  I can't really describe in a few words so I've added a few fun titles...

Ramona Walhof: volunteer coordinator,mail and bank manager, web promotion, do-all-be-all-whenever-needed, and incredible mentor
Brenda Axemaker: registration Czar and website wizard
Harry Gawith: Duke of the route and man of many hauling talents as well as a guy who can fix about anything
Darrel Thomas: route and cycling advisor as well as a great guy and key steering committee member.
Vel Slotten: Queen of prize and goodie bag acquisitions and logistics master of putting them together and planning the drawing and distribution of the prizes
Lisa Baker: Princess of the tandem matching and logistics - every year she gets more people involved
Sue Sebranek: Angel of sponsor solicitation and go-to-gal for socks and goodie bag questions on event day
Steve Sievers. Terrific tent manager
Jim Spanberger: Food king!
Dave Hirai: Check-in Champ, his new system was great (cudos to Kimberly too)
Lion Tom: Grill guru who transported  grills.
Tim rynearson and HAMS: super support team and safety net and much more.
Dana Ard: President extraordinaire who calmed me down several times and provided all of us with confidence and trust

Now each of you did work that was important. So thank you. I apologize for not mentioning everyone.

My friend and one of our sponsors Diane is doing ok after her injuries yesterday. She is a tri-athlete and is very tough. She will need dental surgery which starts tomorrow.  Otherwise she was bruised up. She plans on riding next year and will continue her races this summer.

Our community of sponsors and community support made this a success too. Let's give all of them our business during the year to show our thanks.

See you Tuesday night
Hugs
Mary

Mary Symms-Pollot