[Nfb-idaho] State Convention

Ramona Walhof ramona.walhof at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 15:37:25 UTC 2013

Jeff, you are right that there will be changes beginning April 1.  The story
hit the news here this morning.  However, the building is nine storeys, and
half of it is empty.  They have already begun remoddling some of the upper
floors.  I tried to call the main number this morning, but could not get
through.  You know they are swamped.

I feel confident that our convention will be as scheduled.  They simply
cannot remoddle everything at once.  Further, even if the building has been
sold, they will want to continue to receive some income if they can.

I called Jan who worked out the contract I think.  She will chase the issue
through catering.  I just made room reservations last week, and talked to
the local people about arrangement of rooms.  I think we should continue to
make reservations and plan on having our convention as planned.  But we will
keep checking to see if any changes may occur.  I am talking about room
changes, not cancellation.  I would bet very high against that.  At least I
would if I made bets.

Ramona