[Nfb-idaho] 2016 Read-a-thon

Susan Ford johnsusanford at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 30 04:35:25 UTC 2015

						Braille Read-a-Thon

	We approach our annual Braille reading activity with a new name. It
is our Braille Read-a-thon. Any Idaho Braille reader is welcome so long as
they have enough Braille reading skill to read pages.

	On January 4, 2016, we will begin to count the Braille pages that we
read. We will continue reading and counting through March 4. Make a list of
Braille books or other documents you read and submit it after March 4 so
that we can all see who the champion readers are this year.  We expect to
have beginning readers, intermediate readers, advanced readers, student
readers, and even sighted readers if they choose to read Braille and join
us. Your lists should include the name of each document and the number of
pages you read in it. You do not need to complete a document to include its
pages.

	There will be a short questionnaire to begin. This will help us
place a reader in a given category. There will be money prizes presented at
the annual NFBI banquet which occurs in April.

	Even if you only read a few pages, it will be fun to find out how
many pages you read and compare your reading with others. We will have last
year's forms so we can find the most improved readers.

	This is an activity you can do at home or at school-even on the way
to and from school if you have a bit of a trip each day. Join us and have
fun in a reading project where you will really only be competing with
yourself.

	Inquiries or entry information should be sent to Susan Ford at
johnsusanford at earthlink.net or Jennie Facer at jennie.facer at gmail.com. We
have chosen the beginning date to honor Louis Braille's
birthday. Find the questionnaire in a separate document.