[Nfb-idaho] Braille readers update

Susan Ford johnsusanford at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 17 16:57:30 UTC 2015

There are now 16 of us reading. Good for us! I got a request from a less
experienced reader who suggests that every week or so we add something to
the listserv, which is a suggestion to increase speed or efficiency. So,
Ramona, Jennie, Mike, SaNDY, Dana, Join me in making suggestion.
No. 1: Try to get both hands involved-try just the last word with your right
hand, if that is the weaker hand. Also do an exercise where you move your
hands across lines. At first, don't expect to recognize more than one work.
Use 6 or 8 lines to do this. Then the next time you repeat over the same
material, you try to recognize more than one word. Don't slow the movement
of your hands, just relax and move then across the line. As you do this, you
should recognize more words.
How much stimulation and confusion does that stimulate? Have fun!
Susan Ford