[Nfb-idaho] convention update

Dana Ard Danalynard at q.com
Mon Apr 4 03:25:12 UTC 2016

The convention is fast approaching. I have been in contact with the hotel to
outline set-up for our convention events. I have a tentative speaker outline
and am making my final speaker confirmations. The agenda is packed, so no
one should be bored. There should be something for everyone. It is
absolutely critical that people get in their preregistration forms. You can
bring your checks and give them to Harry at registration at the convention,
but we need the preregistrations for meal count. I have to have all meals
ordered 3 business days before the event. That means that I will have to
have meals ordered before we leave for convention. At the hotel prices for
these meals, I don't want to over order and buy meals we won't use. The
banquet is the most critical, so please get the forms in. Unfortunately, I
was apparently misinformed about a free breakfast. We will not be getting a
free breakfast as guests of the Red Lion. I have been dealing with a person
in charge of the meeting space and the meals and a separate person that
deals with the rooms. I believe it was Laurie, who does the sleeping rooms,
that had said that breakfast was included. I will do some meal calculation
to see if the state organization can purchase a breakfast as part of our
business meeting on Sunday. I will have to look at costs etc. When I go up
to Lewiston next week to do hotel training, I will check to see if there are
any less expensive eating places for breakfast nearby.

I really am looking forward to an exciting convention and I know we'll all
have a good time meeting new friends and celebrating being members of the
greatest organization of the blind in our state and in our nation.