[Nfb-idaho] social media seminar

Ramona Walhof walhoframona at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 15:08:54 UTC 2016

I am sorry for the length of this post, but please read to the end.

Dana and I have been talking about holding a social media seminar Friday
evening before the NFBI Board meeting.  We would not plan to teach people
how to do social media, however, we might assign one to one mentoring for
that purpose afterward if some are interested.

What we would do is try to plan how to cover as much social media as
possible for the NFBI.  We are doing much better than a year ago.  More
people are on and are learning how and what to do.  Now some coordination
could help.

If you could be here in time and would like to participate, please let me
know.  You can certainly contact Dana, but her primary emphasis will be the
board meeting.  So she wil pass to me information from those who wish to
participate.  If you cannot come to Boise, we will do our best to include
you by conference phone.

If you have suggestions about things to be included that I might not think
of, please bring them on, also.  My thought was to take 20 to 30 minutes on
several different media: facebook, twitter, youtube at least.

Although we want to make any of this stuff available to the Website, this is
not the Website committee. I hope both Kevin and Katie can come.  They can
be helpful, but Kevin has plenty to do with the Website.  One of our goals
can be to offer interaction with our Website.

I also hope you can be present, Sean.    You have  been working on this, and
we appreciate what you have done. You can tell us what is helpful in
interacting with the traditional media like tv, newspaper, and radio. Is
that the right term?

It seems to me that We just have to find ways of making our internet
presence bigger and better.  It is a huge job, and we don't want blind
people to lag behind. Some businesses do not even have listings in the phone
book any more, just online.  I do not propose this for us (definitely not!)
but it is sending us a signal.

If you know someone who might be interested and is not on this list, please
pass on the information and have them let me know what their experience is
with social media.

Thank you.

Ramona