[Nfb-idaho] update to transportation statistics

Dana Ard Danalynard at q.com
Fri Jan 15 21:47:52 UTC 2016

I received a question regarding the "89%" increase in bus transportation
funds over the course of the five years of this bill. I contacted Mark
Carnopis from Valley Regional Transit to check on the stat. He did some
research and told me that nationally we should see an increase in public
transportation funds for this year of around 10.4%. After that, we will see
an increase of 1.6-1.7% for the next four years or for year 2-5 of the bill.
These are national statistics and we do not know yet what Idaho will be
getting. However, this is a step in the right direction.