[Nfb-idaho] Media Story

Sean Malone shaldarr01 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 23:25:32 UTC 2016

Hey everyone the local media showed up today in Idaho Falls to do a small and short and I do mean short story on our BELL Academy! And there was actually a little air in there where they said it was a three-week daycamp when we all know that it's a two-week be camp! At least they showed up!
I have enclosed a hard copy of the news article as well as the link for those who may choose either medium! LINC will be at the bottom!

Story:
IDAHO FALLS, Idaho -
Monday in Idaho Falls, a group of visually impaired kids started their second week of a camp that teaches them life skills - as well as giving them the opportunity to get to know and bond with other kids who are partially or fully blind.
The National Federation of the Blind hosts a three-week day camp for kids who are blind, where they learn valuable life skills like how to read and write in braille, how to get around with a cane, and even how to cook for themselves.
The kids are also able to go on trips specifically tailored to them, the most recent a trip to King Equestrian Center where they got to ride horses.
Teacher Teri Hill said it's great watching all the kids work together.
"It's a program run by the blind for the blind, in order to help these children to have the opportunity to learn some skill sets that they might not learn, and something that also gives them the social aspect of having some wonderful role models who have succeed well in life," Hill said.
This is the fourth year that the camp has been held, and it will finish this summer session after this week.

https://www.facebook.com/NationalFederationoftheBlindofIdaho/posts/1743344545936729

Sent from my iPhone