[Nfb-idaho] Passing this on. Please participated if you are interested. Thanks. FW: Drexel University Online Accessibility and Word-of-Mouth Research

Dana Ard Danalynard at q.com
Tue Oct 18 21:48:11 UTC 2016

From: Beth Cunningham [mailto:bcunningham at icbvi.idaho.gov]
Sent: Tuesday, October 18, 2016 12:33 PM
To: Dana Ard
Subject: FW: Drexel University Online Accessibility and Word-of-Mouth
Research

From: Alex Cohen [mailto:ahc43 at drexel.edu]
Sent: Friday, October 14, 2016 12:31 PM
To: Beth Cunningham
Subject: Drexel University Online Accessibility and Word-of-Mouth Research

Dear Beth Cunningham,

The reason I am reaching out to you today is because as a blind doctoral
student I am hoping that you and your organization will be able to help me.
I am conducting a study as part of my dissertation that examines reactions
from the blind and low vision community to online accessibility-related
failures on retail websites. In addition, I am also investigating the
negative word of mouth effect when a sighted person learns of such
accessibility failures from a blind or low vision person they know. I would
be grateful if you would kindly share this study with your members, clients,
and allies. Again, we are seeking participants who are blind/low vision, as
well as sighted individuals who personally know people who are blind/low
vision.

The goal of this study is to show that an accessibility-related service
failure online not only causes avoidance of a retailer by the blind and
vision impaired, but also those individuals with normal vision who will
empathetically change their purchase behavior after learning about the
service failure.

This is a two in one study where blind and low vision participants answer
questions about online accessibility issues, and sighted participants answer
questions about negative word of mouth regarding accessibility issues.
Interested individuals can participate in the survey by visiting:

https://drexel.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_abBLThH3nfhmyxv

Blind and low vision participants are encouraged to share this link via
social media or any other way you prefer with other blind and/or sighted
people who would be willing to participate in a five minute research survey.
The link will remain active until November 1st.

as a "thank you" for your participation, a $2 donation will be made to the
blindness organization of your choice. Five different organizations have
been selected to receive donations. These organizations may have different
philosophies, but they all share the goal of creating better lives for the
blind and low vision community as a whole. In the past I have tried to have
people write in an organization of their choice, but this truly creates a
logistical nightmare. I hope everyone can get past their differences and
realize that research like this is in the interest of everyone.

Please contact Alex Cohen at ahc43 at drexel.edu with any questions or
comments. The link to the original research announcement along with IRB
information can be found here on the link below.
https://github.com/alexhcohen/NWOMAccessibilityResearch/blob/master/Original
%20Recruitment%20Announcement%20NWOM.pdf

Thank You!

Alex H. Cohen
PhD Candidate
Marketing Department