[Nfb-idaho] flying to convention

Ramona Walhof walhoframona at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 15:11:34 UTC 2017

Flights are filling up for this summer.  That means prices are also going
up.  I just heard from one couple who bought tickets from Boise to Orlando,
and they found the best prices on American through Dallas, but not on the
best days.  All interested in going need to be getting tickets as soon as
possible.  If you do not have credit cards to do it and have asked for a
grant from NFBI, call Dana or me. There are far fewer flights than formerly,
so they are high. There may be ways to get better prices, such as flying
from Salt Lake City early Monday morning, but convenience may be lacking.
Preferred times to travel to the convention are Sunday, July 9 and Sunday
July 16. The days go like this:  Monday is seminar day, many group meetings,
Parent Division all-day seminar, and instructional seminars.  Tuesday is the
first day for registration and exhibits, and resolutions committee meeting,
the Student Division meeting, and much more.  Wednesday is the open Board
meeting, most divisions will meet, and an evening full of small meetings.
Thursday is opening session, roll call of states, Presidential report, and
both social and small group meetings in the evening.  Friday is solidly
booked with general session, and lunch time that day is the last time for
exhibits. Saturday is general session all day and the banquet in the
evening.

You can certainly fly on Monday, but many who do that wish they had not
missed that day. The agenda will be online in June, but we cannot wait that
long to make travel plans or book hotel rooms. With questions, call me or
DAna.

Good luck!

Ramona

Ramona