[Nfb-idaho] request for a braille version of our Idaho potato cookbook

Don Winiecki dwiniecki at boisestate.edu
Sat Dec 16 22:23:56 UTC 2017

Hi all. I’d have to see the current cookbook before I can estimate how it could be reproduced, and what kind of cover would be appropriate. Comb binding is surely best for something this size.

I don’t have an embosser, but perhaps we don’t have to worry about that just yet.

Does anyone have a copy embossed on only one side?  I can work with interpoint, but since I’m not very practiced at tactile reading, one-sided pages would be easier for me to read visually when transcribing.

Ramona, I’m happy to visit your house to get the copy, but would also look forward to your visit to me on campus during the week. I think I’ll let you tell me which you would prefer.

_don

> On Dec 16, 2017, at 2:32 PM, Ramona Walhof via Nfb-idaho <nfb-idaho at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>
> Do you want me to bring a copy to your office?  I would need instructions to get there.  If you like, you could swing past my house, just so I am here.  My phone 208-338-1595. address 3402 W. Kipling Rd.
> Boise, 83706.
> My Braille copy of the Cookbook goes to page 171, embossed on both sides of the page and spiral bound in one volume.  If your embosser does only one side of the page, two volumes would be best.  I think I have a box of 11 by 11.5 Braille paper which could be used. Comb binding also would work if easier to do.
>
> If that's not too much, just let me know. If one copy is enough for you, Let's be sure Dana has the order.
> Ramona
> Do you know what it will cost?  Would you scan, proofread, and bind?  It would be a good thin g to know what kind of cover, soft plastic or paper, before punching all the pages.  We can get that done at Kinkos if desirable.  I am guessing it would be desirable to produce five copies if that is not too much.
> Ramona

>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfb-idaho_nfbnet.org/
>>> walhoframona%40gmail.