[Nfb-idaho] It's not too late to join our reading project

Alison Steven pecans65 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 16:38:53 UTC 2017

The NFB Braill-a-thon is under way and it is not too late for you to join
us.

Fill out the questions below and return them to me or Susan Ford.
Alison

1.    Name:
2. Address:
3.    Phone.
4. Email:
5. Reading level: Student,
Adult beginner (reading Braille less than a year)
Adult, intermediate (reading less than 150  words per minute)
Adult, advanced, (more than 150 words per minute)
6. Name of certifying authority (A teacher, parent, guardian, partner or
friend - someone who will keep in touch with you as you read, and encourage
you to get your forms in promptly:

Read Braille wherever you are! No need to meet up with people you can just
read in your own home. You can read as slow or as fast as is enjoyable. You
can read as much or as little as you want.

You may have already received this information but here is everything you
need to get started in the NFB Braille-a-thon. Our goal is to encourage
literacy for all. You can read text books or novels or even magazines - just
keep track of how many pages you read. Let Susan or Alison know if you have
any questions.

This is an activity to encourage your reading and reading fluency. It runs
from January 4th through March 4th. Keep a record of the number of pages you
read over the two month period and the books you read them from. Submit your
record at the end of the activity. All participants receive an award in
addition to the joy of reading and the satisfaction of improving your
skills.
Begin tracking your reading January 4, 2017
>            Stop tracking : midnight MARCH 4, 2017
>            Deadline for receipt of completed reading log: March 15,
> 2017 midnight postmark.
>            Your reading log should include: Name of document read, How
> many pages you read in it.
>            Include each document name just once and the total number
> of pages you read. Total your pages and send it to
> johnsusanford at earthlink.net, call it in to Susan at 208-376-1727, or hand
it to Susan in Braille.
>            Thanks.

---