[Nfb-idaho] Simple ways to help NFB Idaho grow online

Kevin Pirnie kpirnie77 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 07:43:13 UTC 2017

First, I want to congratulate all of you who are online and actively
finding, sharing, and liking the articles, videos, and announcements that
have been shared on our website and on Facebook. You are making a larger
impact than you probably realize. As you share this content with your
friends it often gets shared far beyond your center of influence and
reaches people that really need us and may not even be aware that we exist.
Sharing it also helps keep our friends, family, and supporters informed and
engaged. Keep up the good work.

Ramona had a good suggestion in sharingt details about your chapter
meetings, including pictures and even video clips on the NFB Idaho ews
Facebook page or the National Federation of the Blind of Idaho group page.
You can also share the link from the events calendar on the NFB Idaho
website for any given event. Simply copy the link from the events calendarw
and paste it into your Facebook post. Then encourage people to like and
share it.

You can also be among those that discover interesting articles and videos
by exploring some of the many NFB affiliated blogs, Facebook pages, and
Youtube channels. When you find something that you feel would be of
interest or have value to others cimply copy the link, go to one of our
Facebook properties, and write a few words of why this content is
interesting, then paste the link and hit post. If it does not show up write
away on the Facebook page, one of the page admins will approve it shortly
and make it go live. Anyone can do this, and if you don't know how then ask
someone to show you.

There are some people that are now actively finding content to also share
on our affiliate website. This brings up an opportunity to volunteer and
maybe learn a few new skills. I am looking for a couple of people that I
can teach how to post articles on the website. If you can use a screen
reader competently online and are comfortable using a word processor like
MS Word, then I believe you can learn how  to do this. You will have
limited access to the admin area of the website and be able to post
articles. Don't worry, I will work with you until you are comfortable and
you won't be able to break anything. Please consider stepping forward to
help the affiliate in this role. It will help the Idaho NFB in many ways.

If you would like to volunteer to be an article poster for the website or
have questions call me at 208-450-2114.

Best,
Kevin Pirnie