[NFB-Idaho] Thinking out loud about NFB-Idaho participation in organizing and supporting the 2019 NFB Convention

Donald Winiecki dwiniecki at handid.org
Wed Aug 1 01:22:06 UTC 2018

There was mention at our July meeting that the Idaho chapter(s) of NFB will
be called upon to help with organizing and running the 2019 Convention in
Las Vegas.

One small benefit of having the convention in Orlando for so many years was
being able to re-use resources that had been created to help people
navigate in the convention center there.  One particular part of these
resources is the long description of the Orlando hotel, that was written by
Mary Ellen Jernigan and available at the following URL <
https://nfb.org/convention/2018/agenda/navigating-the-hotel>.  Alison
Steven and Scott Pearl at ICBVI have both remarked how well that
description helped them navigate the hotel in Orlando.

Does anyone here know if there is a similar description of the Mandalay Bay
hotel in Las Vegas?

If there is no such thing, creation of that description is something I
could produce, or help produce.  Of course, this would require a bivouac to
the hotel itself in order to do the necessary background research! (No, I
am not giggling.)

With all of that in mind, I wonder if NFB makes resources available for
such trips in service of supporting the Convention?

Best,

_don