[Nfb-idaho] Fwd: Questionnaire reply

Alison Steven pecans65 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 10 04:35:14 UTC 2018

Begin forwarded message:

From: Erin J <whistlererin at gmail.com>
Date: February 9, 2018 at 5:51:01 PM MST
To: Pecans65 at gmail.com
Subject: Questionnaire reply

Parents’ Questionnaire
The National Federation of the Blind of Idaho is planning a weekend event for blind children and their parents focused on sports, creative arts, music and drama. Activities for parents and children will run concurrently. In order to assist us in planning, we would appreciate your input on the following questions. Please answer the questions and return the completed form by email to pecans65 at gmail.com.

1. Would you prefer an event that is regional or state-wide?

There are benefits to both. Of course a regional event is easier to attend logistically. But a statewide event would be better attended with more opportunities for networking.

2. How far would you be willing to travel for this event?

It depends what is available for sighted siblings. If there are activities for the whole family we’d be willing to travel anywhere in the state.

3. If only one event can be planned, would you attend if it is out of your region?

Possibly, depending on a lot of factors, including the current mental/emotional health of our daughter, what is available for siblings, how many days the event lasts etc.

4. We are considering having this event in the fall during the Idaho Education Association days, when children are out of school. Would this schedule work for you?

Sure.

5? What type of financial assistance, if any, would you need to attend this event?

Assistance with travel would be helpful but not required.

Any other comments or questions?

This sounds like a fun idea. We would prefer it if the parent event includes support for the sighted siblings who have a unique position as siblings of a blind child and can benefit from meeting others in the same position.

Thank you for your input. We will update you as we have more information.

National Federation of the Blind of Idaho Planning Committee

Erin J.
-------
Soli Deo Gloria