[Nfb-idaho] FW: [NFBWNews] NFP of Wisconsin will be represented at the State of the Union address

Larry Sebranek lesebranek at q.com
Mon Jan 29 22:06:53 UTC 2018

From: nfbwnews at googlegroups.com [mailto:nfbwnews at googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of John Fritz, President NFB-WI
Sent: Monday, January 29, 2018 1:41 PM
To: NFBW Board Free Conferencing <nfbwnews at googlegroups.com>
Subject: [NFBWNews] NFP of Wisconsin will be represented at the State of the Union address

I will have the honor to join Congressman Ron Kind at the State of the Union address tomorrow evening. I will be representing all of NFB there. Please see press release below.

La Crosse – Today, U.S. Rep. Ron Kind announced that he will bring John Fritz, President the Wisconsin Federation of the Blind and Monroe County resident, to the State of the Union address. John will be in Washington DC advocating for education, economic opportunity, and civil rights for individuals who are blind.

“I look forward to having John join me for the State of the Union address,” said Rep. Kind. “John is an inspiring advocate for people who are blind and vision impaired and has dedicated his time to leading the charge for equal treatment and opportunity in Wisconsin.”

"I am thrilled to have this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to be in the audience as our President addresses Congress and the nation,” said John Fritz. “I want to thank Congressman Kind for his commitment to the inclusion and aspirations of blind Americans in our society, as evidenced by his support for the equal education of blind students and by this generous invitation.”

John was raised in Fennimore and attended University of Wisconsin-Platteville, where he earned a degree in animal science and a minor in computer science. He worked on his family dairy farm after graduating, and started his own business. John has been a member of the National Federation of the Blind for more than 30 years, and has served as President of the Wisconsin chapter of the National Federation of the Blind since 2006. He and his wife, Heather, live in Kendall and have seven children.

John Fritz, President

NFB-Wisconsin

608-387-0494

President at nfbwis.org <mailto:President at nfbwis.org>