[NFB-Idaho] Model State Braille Bill

Ramona Walhof walhoframona at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 14:00:59 UTC 2018

Don, your comment on section 5 is interesting, but would backfire, as I
suspect you know.  There just are not enough certified teachers to begin to
teach all the kids.  We need better teacher prep programs, especially in
this State where there is none, but let's not assume that the sighted cannot
do the work.  They can find blind role models if they think it matters.

Preparing teachers probably must be a different piece of legislation.  At
one time ISU was thinking about a program, but no more as far as I know.
And then we need a program to help them keep up to date on computer prep, a
dream only at this point I'm afraid.

We will see what the NFBI board says tomorrow about UEB.  If it does not yet
include enough on science and math, we must not be limited to UEB.
Ramona