[NFB-Idaho] very sad news about Brian Jain

president at nfbidaho.org president at nfbidaho.org
Tue Apr 9 13:58:02 UTC 2019

I was contacted last week by a close friend of Brians' and told that he was
in a hospital in East Germany. He had suffered a brain infection, which was
beginning to improve, and then had a heart attack. Brian had gone to
Medjugorje, which is a place of pilgrimage where the virgin Mary has been
seen. Brian has gone several times and this has been his special place for
spiritual renewal. After the heart attack, he was placed into an induced
coma. I learned yesterday that he was taken out of the coma, but there is no
brain activity. His sister is flying to East Germany to have him removed
from life supports and make final arrangements. Brian has been a very good
friend to me. I have known him as he converted to the Catholic faith. Our
mothers died within two months of each other and we shared our loss. As you
can tell, our relationship has been a close and deep one. Brian loved
working with blind kids and I think he may have still had a couple mobility
students. He was always willing to help whenever needed. He was the leader
of the soccer event for the students in our Summer activity. Please keep
Brian and his family in your thoughts and prayers during this sad and
difficult time. I'll send more information when I receive it.

Dana Ard, President

National Federation of the Blind of Idaho

Main: 208-345-3906

Cell: 208-859-2828 (call only)

Email: president at NFBIdaho.org

Website: www.nfbidaho.org

"The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the
Blindness is not what holds you back."