[NFB-Idaho] announcing the death of Idaho affiliate board member Becky Sherman

president at nfbidaho.org president at nfbidaho.org
Mon Jun 10 15:41:34 UTC 2019

Becky died unexpectedly on May 31. She recently was elected to the Idaho
affiliate board, and was one of the key planners for the Recreation and
Discovery Workshop that was held for families of blind children at our state
convention. Becky was always willing to do whatever she was asked to do, and
performed all responsibilities with dedication and enthusiasm. She worked in
our BELL program, read thousands of braille pages for our braille-a-thon,
and was a great example of a highly capable blind person. I knew Becky since
high school, because we were both students at the Idaho Commission for the
Blind orientation and adjustment center. Becky will be greatly missed.

Dana Ard, President

National Federation of the Blind of Idaho

Main: 208-345-3906

Cell: 208-859-2828 (call only)

Email: president at NFBIdaho.org

Website: www.nfbidaho.org

"The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the
Blindness is not what holds you back."

---