[NFB-Idaho] Accessible voting machines

Ramona walhoframona at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 03:47:02 UTC 2019

Sandy, it is true that federal law does not require that these machines must be used for local elections. Fortunately, they were out in Boise, or at least at my presinct. I had a very ge experience, but they are often instructive. The same person has been supervising my voting site for several years, and she recognizes me. Still, she had to read the instructions in order to set it up for me. I was the first person to use it today, but she said she expected more.

I think localities are more likely to decide to use them the more they get used. We should also thank the workers who are managing them after we vote. The machines we now have are much slower than the first machines they had, but better than an unknown reader.
Ramona