[NFB-Idaho] obituary for Mike ARd

president at nfbidaho.org president at nfbidaho.org
Sun Sep 1 01:58:18 UTC 2019

This will be posted on the Summers Funeral Home site. I thought I would
share. Please share with anyone you think might be interested.

Obituary for Mike Ard

Mike was born July 1, 1953 in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. He grew up in Lewiston
and Headquarters, and graduated from Timberline High School in Weippe.

Mike and I met through a dating service before on-line dating was even heard
of. We were married November 26, 1988.

Mike loved his toys including 2 UTV's, a Fiat 124 Spider, and a motor home.
We were looking forward to doing some off road riding at the Headquarters
reunion over this Labor Day. Mike also loved all kinds of music, except
opera. He had over 2000 songs on his playlist. He bought the best stereo
systems he could get, and we spent many evenings on the patio listening to
music and having some wine. We both loved dogs and we have shared our home
with 22 dogs in 30 years of marriage, including our 5 current dogs. We often
adopted older dogs including a 14 year-old Dachshund, who was both deaf and
blind.  Mike taught me to love large German Shepherds, and I taught him to
"love" Dachshunds, although he would say he just "tolerated" them.

No services are planned at this time. I plan to have a celebration for Mike
at the 2020 Headquarters reunion over Labor Day.

In lieu of flowers, memorials should be made to the Shrine hospital, 911 W.
5th Ave., Spokane, Wa. 99204.

---