[NFB-Idaho] NPR: Secretary DeVos Forgoes Waiving Disability Law Amid School Closures

Donald Winiecki dwiniecki at handid.org
Wed Apr 29 16:03:32 UTC 2020

Hi Ramona,

Thanks for your thoughts.

I put my Dad in hospice on Thursday last week.

He is at home in Lakeland, Florida now with regular visits from hospice
professionals. My Mom is being very attentive of his needs too. He is
bed-bound with IVs and other ins and outs, on a sizable dosage of oxygen,
and on a growing dosage of morphine. He still knows my voice, but his
Alzheimers has him forgetting many others.

My wife and I bought them state of the art cellphones a few years ago and
our ability (and my siblings' ability) to have video-chats with them
several times a day has become a necessity even more urgent since -- due to
COVID-19 -- their doctors urge we should not travel to see them.

Best,

_don