[NFB-Idaho] I need information about your voting experience in our primary election

president at nfbidaho.org president at nfbidaho.org
Wed May 20 15:21:19 UTC 2020

Now that the time has expired for Idahoans to obtain a mail-in ballot, I
want to know about your experiences in obtaining a ballot and actually
voting. Were you able to obtain a ballot independently by using the Idaho
vote's website or contacting your county clerk? Were you offered a method
for voting privately and independently? What method did you use to cast your
ballot and why did you choose this method? If you have already emailed me
about your experiences, you don't need to respond. I already know that at
least 3 counties did not offer a method for blind people to vote privately
and independently. As an organization, we must help our election officials
in planning for our extremely important general election in November. No
blind person should be denied the opportunity to vote privately and
independently at any election, but especially for our vital general
election. Please ask your blind and visually impaired friends to respond to
this request either by directly responding to the listserv, emailing me
directly at president at nfbidaho.org, or calling me at 208 345-3906. Remember,
all Idahoans have the right to vote privately and independently. As blind
people, we cannot continue to put our right in jeopardy.