[NFB-Idaho] Is Free Speech Important for Blind People

Kevin Pirnie kpirnie77 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 20:52:36 UTC 2021

Federationists;

Is free speech important to you as a blind individual? Today we recognize
Patriot's Day and the shot herd around the world from Concord and the
battle at Lexington. These events led to the American  Revolution and
ultimately to the Declaration of Independence and U.S. Constitution. These
sacred documents establish and secure our unalienable rights endowed by our
creator and secure these rights and freedom for all Americans, including
the blind.

When the ability to engage in free speech is lost the first casualty is
always truth. As Americans, for centuries we understood that it is free
speech and the ability to discuss, debate, and argue openly and freely at
the marketplace of ideas is what brought us our U.S. Constitution, ended
slavery, and defeated tyranny. For decades I believe that Federationists
have also stood behind these principals of free speech and is one of the
driving forces that makes the NFB the strongest voice for the rights of the
blind in the world today.

Sadly, over the past few years there has been a well financed and
coordinated effort to silence those that may present or share ideas, views,
opinions, and information that does not support certain political or
cultural perspectives. In fact, it has now gone far beyond silencing those
deemed unworthy to share information and ideas. Now there is a big push to
"cancel" that person entirely. This is what is meant by the term "cancel
culture." This means every effort is made to take them off of all social
media platforms, ban them from access to media platforms, prevent
employment, and more. Recognize that this is a long held practice used by
the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) and should have no place in the United
States of America.

As these attacks on our freedoms are detrimental to all Americans,
including blind Americans, it is my hope that as Federationists we stand
united against this form of control and tyranny.

For those interested, there is a new social media/news platform being
launched today that guarantees free speech and the free exchange of ideas
and opinions. Without a doubt there will be things that you read, hear, and
see there that you disagree with. That is always the case when open
exchange of information and ideas are shared and the way it should be in a
free society.

There is a 48 hour live stream event, kind of like the old Jerry Lewis
telethons for those old enough to remember, that is taking place right now.
Learn about the new platform called "Frank" and what is being done to
protect your ability to speak frankly and freely.

Go here for the live stream https://lindelltv.com/

Best,
Kevin Pirnie