[NFB-Idaho] Update regarding Katy Pirnie

Kevin Pirnie kpirnie77 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 03:36:28 UTC 2021

Hello Friends,

As several of you know by now, My beloved wife Katy has been hospitalized
from the effects of Covid for eighteen days. Until Saturday night she had
been making slow but good progress, though there have been ups and downs
along the way.

Saturday evening she began having significant respiratory distress. The
doctor ordered a new treatment protocol to address her declining condition
and was able to keep her on high flow oxygen successfully throughout the
night.

She had called me around 3:30 the following morning and wanted to share
with me that she was feeling better. I was so glad to hear that and
encouraged her to try and get more rest and suggested that she call me when
she woke up again, if she was up to it, or send a text if not.

It was almost 8:00 on Sunday morning and I had not heard from her, which
was highly unusual as we had always stayed in touch by phone  or text by
that time. My phone was in my hand to call her nurse to make sure she was
doing okay when my phone wrang. It was the on call doctor, and he explained
that her lungs went into serious distress and that it was necessary to put
her on a ventilator and move her to ICU.

Katy is stable but still in critical condition. She had a pretty good night
last night and they were able to reduce the O2 flow significantly
throughout the night. She again had more difficulty this morning, but has
recovered groundagain. Her vitals and labs are pretty good overall and
still waiting on culture results to see if there are any secondary
infections. She is sedated afair bit to make her comfortable and relaxed
enough to allow the machine to do the breathing for her. Katy is aware of
the nurse and doctor making eye contact and nodding in response to
questions.

This is more information and detail than you may want but I have been
getting questions bout these thing so thought I would go ahead and share
them.

I and humbled and grateful for the outpouring of prayers and love from so
many of you. I continue to let Katy know about them all. Progress is
expected to be slow at this point and continued prayers are very much
appreciated.

Blessings to all.

Kevin

Virus-free.