[NFB-Idaho] an opportunity to educate our legislators and others this legislative season

President NFBIDAHO pres.nfbidaho at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 15:07:09 UTC 2021

Every year, since our member Fred Riggers death, a group of disability
organizations has held a Fred Riggers disability awareness day at the
capital. Organizations have had booths and other activities to educate our
legislators about disability. This year, the event will be virtual and will
occur throughout the legislative season. Events will be posted on a calendar
which will be given to the legislators so they can tune in as they are able.
The National Federation of the Blind of Idaho has traditionally not gotten
involved in this because we have usually had our legislative luncheon. We
have the opportunity to host as many educational events as we would like. I
have thought that we could feature one of our you-tubes with an introduction
by me or someone else and questions and answers. We have pictures of the
Cycle for Independence and the BELL program and could put something together
about those programs. I'm not sure how we would do that on Zoom, but those
on this list may have ideas. If you are interested in becoming involved in
this effort, please post to the list, or call or email me. We can have as
much or little time in this as we would like. Please let me know. My direct
email for NFB business is pres.nfbidaho at gmail.com and phone is 208 345-3906.