[NFB-Idaho] Agenda for the NFB Idaho 2021 state convention

President NFBIDAHO pres.nfbidaho at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 23:22:28 UTC 2021

Please send to your members if you are a chapter president. Please send to
anyone you know that may be interested. National Federation of the Blind of
Idaho

Dana Ard, President

1320 E. Washington

Boise, ID 83712

(208) 345-3906

pres.nfbidaho at gmail.com

NFBID Logo RGB Rect

2021 NFBI State Convention Agenda

March 25-27, 2021 Virtual Convention

We will be using the Zoom platform.

This means that it is available to all interested persons anywhere and
everywhere.

Registration:  Simply email the following information to
treasurer at nfbidaho.org. Your name, phone number, email, mailing address,
your Chapter, and your State.

"Building a Supportive Community to Inspire the Dreams of All"

Our NFB National Representative is Dr Marc Mauer, NFB Past President

The following zoom link will be used for the Reception, Resolutions
Committee, all General Sessions, Exhibits, and Banquet.

Join Zoom Meeting

 <https://zoom.us/j/2077415267> https://zoom.us/j/2077415267

 Meeting ID: 207 741 5267

One tap mobile

+13462487799,,2077415267# US (Houston)

+14086380968,,2077415267# US (San Jose)

ZOOM Conference Basics:  The following tips will help you get the most from
ZOOM Conference.

Telephone:

To mute or unmute your audio, press *6.

Note: during convention, all persons will be muted by default. You must
raise your hand to request the ability to speak.

If your name is mentioned as a winner of a door prize, you must raise your
hand to claim your prize.

To raise your hand to ask a question, or claim your door prize, press *9.

Always allow the host to lower your hand.

Windows Desktop or Laptop Computer:

Mute your microphone by pressing Alt+A or press spacebar on the mute audio
button.

To unmute, press Alt+A again or press the spacebar on the unmute button.

To raise your hand, press Alt+Y.

Always allow the host to lower your hand.

iPhone or iPad:

Tap on the settings button and look through the options to improve your
experience.

There are two buttons, meetings and general. Meetings has settings you
should review.

Auto connect to audio allows you to select connect to internet audio.

This gets rid of the prompt before you connect to a meeting and ensures you
get the best sound quality.

Always mute my microphone when joining a meeting ensures you are never
accidentally heard until you want to speak.

Then just double tap the unmute audio button when you have something to
contribute.

Always turn off my video ensures you never unintentionally show yourself or
your environment when you did not mean to.

Important:  To prevent the annoyance of VoiceOver always speaking the names
of participants as they join and leave, turn off Show name when participants
join.

When connecting, you will get a prompt saying, "to hear others, please join
audio."

Select the "call using internet audio" option or go into settings and select
internet audio to always be automatically connected.

Important:  Find and double tap the mute my audio button until you want to
be heard. Or go into settings and choose to always mute audio upon entry.

To raise your hand, tap on the more button on the far right, then double tap
the button to raise your hand. This will exit you to the main screen. Allow
the host to lower your hand.

To know who is currently speaking, swipe to the far left. It will say,
displaying person's name avatar.

You may want to use the earbuds that came with your iPhone.

Again, always make sure your microphone is muted when you are not speaking
to prevent creating noise or people hearing you

Thursday March 25, 2021

7:00- 8:00 PM Reception by Host Chapter, Treasure Valley Chapter

8:30- Resolutions Committee

Friday March 26, 2021

9:00 Call to order, invocation, one minute message, announcements

9:15 Keynote Address, Mike Hingson

9:35 Update from the Idaho Educational Services for the Deaf and Blind
Jeanne-Marie Kopecky

9:55 "Idaho Educational Services for the Deaf and the Blind Transition
Program." Kristy Buffington, Secondary Transition Coordinator IESDB

10:20 We're Blind and We Garden: Candy Harris, Donna Beronda, Master
Gardener, Vickie Bateman, Ramona Walhof

10:45 Talking Book Library Update, LeAnn Gelskey, TBS Program Supervisor

11:05 Announcements regarding exhibits, and afternoon breakouts

11:20 Protections Under Idaho Law for parents with disabilities, Kelly
Buckland, Executive Director, National Council for Independent Living,
Washington D.C.

11:50-12:00 Reports and Resolutions

12:00-2:15 Exhibits

12:00- 12:30 Karl Smith, Axis Technology, 866-824-7885,
<mailto:karl at axistech.net> karl at axistech.net. carry products from Vispero,
Humanware and Hims. These include but are not limited to Braille displays
and embossers, note takers, screen reading and magnification software and
low vision scanning and reading hardware and software. For Convention I am
offering a special price on the Victor Stream reader from Humanware of
$375.00 including shipping in the US. This is a $50 discount from the
current price of $425.00 plus shipping from Humanware. The supply is limited
so first come first serve.

12:35- 1:05 Joyce Shoemaker, Vision Matters, Boise ID, 206-200-7907,
<mailto:joyce at visionmatters.net> joyce at visionmatters.net. We will be
presenting the Enhanced Vision product line, which includes Desktop video
magnifiers, portable video magnifiers, and OCR text to speech devices. We
will also show the latest and greatest in OrCam My Eye Pro and Read

1:10- 1:40 Joseph McDaniel, Vispero, 17757 US Highway 19 N. Ste. 560,
Clearwater FL 33764, 909-633-2226,  <mailto:JMcDaniel at vispero.com>
JMcDaniel at vispero.com. I and my co-worker Ron Miller will discuss our
Braille Displays and our Jaws/Fusion/Zoomtext Software products.

1:45- 2:15 Aileen Zaken, Leading Edge Vision, 14685 N Forestdale Drive,
Rathdrum ID 83858, 877-551-6658,  <mailto:leadingedgevision at outlook.com>
leadingedgevision at outlook.com. We will be exhibiting the new CloverBook Pro
a lightweight, transportable device with a built-in distance camera and OCR.
It has unique features; these features will be demonstrated during the
session.

2:30-3:30 Breakout Sessions

Option 1. Blindness topic Discussion, Lisa Baker Discussion leader

Option 2. Workout with Northwest Association for Blind Athletes

Join Zoom Meeting

 <https://zoom.us/j/92598619055?pwd=UlhkVlVQZ2FnUi9PSWdtS1A1SG1IQT09>
https://zoom.us/j/92598619055?pwd=UlhkVlVQZ2FnUi9PSWdtS1A1SG1IQT09

Meeting ID: 925 9861 9055

Passcode: 439078

One tap mobile

+12532158782,,92598619055# US (Tacoma)

+16699009128,,92598619055# US (San Jose)

2:30-4:30 Workshop for Parents of Blind Children Carlton Walker, President
National Organization of Parents of Blind Children, Attorney at Law, Teacher
of Blind and Visually impaired Children, and parent of a blind child

(Registration in advance is required)

3:45-5:00 Building the National Federation of the Blind of Idaho through
chapters, discussion groups, and member mentoring.

6:00-7:30 State Board Meeting (This is an open meeting and all are welcome)

8:00-9:30 Evening Activity (Escape Room)

Saturday, March 27, 2021

9:00 Invocation, NFB Pledge and Announcements

9:10 National Report: Dr. Marc Maurer, NFB Past President

9:50 Connecting People with Usher Syndrome: Ashley Stewart, Ambassador,
Usher Syndrome Coalition

10:10 Blind People in Science: Amelia Palmer, Mike Hingson, Britt
Raubenheimer

10:40 Idaho Access Project: Dianna Willis, Jeremy Maxand

11:00-11:15 Auction report: Auction Committee

11:15-11:45 What should we expect in our schools in educating our blind
children: Carlton Walker President, National organization of Blind Children,
Attorney at Law, Teacher of blind and visually Impaired Children, and Parent
of a Blind Child

11:45 Reports and Resolutions

12:00-1:00 Student Meeting

1:00 State Report: Dana Ard, Affiliate President

1:20 ICBVI Update: Beth Cunningham, Agency Administrator

1:45 The Supersense App for the Blind: Shane Lowe, Operations Manager at
Mediate

2:05 Meet our Teacher of Tomorrow: Andrea Amastoy

2:25-2:50 Getting to Know our New Federationists Natalie Morgan, Shane
Ostermeier, Tom Newhof

2:50 Auction report

3:00 Business Meeting including Elections and Chapter Reports

Saturday Evening

6:00 Banquet

Welcome and Invocation

Mistress of Ceremonies: Susan Bradley, President NFB Treasure Valley Chapter

Special Award Honoring Senator James Risch presented by Dana Ard

Remarks:  Senator James Risch

Banquet Address:  Dr Marc Mauer, NFB Past President

Door prizes will occur throughout the banquet

Scholarship Class:  Vickie Bateman, Chair

Funding Our Movement through Preauthorized Contribution Plan PAC

Auction:  Larry Bateman Auctioneer

One-minute message

blindness is not what holds you back.

NFB Pledge

I pledge to participate actively in the efforts of the National Federation
of the Blind to achieve equality, opportunity, and security for the blind;
to support the policies and programs of the Federation and to abide by its
Constitution.

Committees

Convention Planning Committee:  Sandy Streeter, Chair, Alison Steven, Frank
Skogsberg, Megan Geisler, Amelia Palmer, Natalie Morgan

Auction/Fundraising/Doorprize/Committee: Ramona Walhof, Chair, Erin Olsen,
Jud Cottrell, Vickie & Larry Bateman, Frank Skogsberg, Caitlan Walch, Joe
Thompson, Natalie Morgan, Fawn Owens, Bailie Weir.

Resolutions Committee: Erin Olsen, Chair, Tom Newhoff, Al Schneider

Nominating Committee: Ramona Walhof, Chair, Sandy Streeter, Megan Geisler

Scholarship Committee: Vickie Bateman, chair Sandy Streeter, Susan Ford,
Leslie Mora, Mike Gibson

Zoom Committee: Erin Olsen, chair, Don Winiecki, Fawn Owens, Susan Bradley,
Joe Thompson, Larry Bateman, Shane Ostermeier, Alison Steven, TJ Squires,
James Bybee, Utah

.