[NFB-Idaho] Welcome to 2022 NFB of Idaho Convention

sandy streeter streeter.sandy at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 21:39:42 UTC 2022

               From the Snake River Valley Chapter

Hello all!

The Snake River Valley Chapter is excited to be hosting the 2022 NFB of
Idaho convention.  Our first in-person statewide event since 2019. There
will be something for everyone.

As you have probably heard we are raffling baskets this year in place of the
auction we have had in the past. It appears that we will have about 15
baskets. All very different. Persons will be circulating throughout the
convention selling tickets for a chance to win a fabulous basket. You can
purchase one ticket for $5.00 or five tickets for $20.00.

You will have an opportunity to actually touch animals exhibited by the
Sensory Safari. In our exhibit area you will find a variety of vendors ready
to talk to you about their products and services.

As a service project our chapter decided to collect needed items for the
Idaho Falls Area Humanitarian Center during the convention. We hope you have
had a chance to look over the list which has been sent out and will be able
to contribute to this cause.

We may have a couple of fun surprises for you.

Let me introduce you to the Holiday Inn and Suites Idaho Falls.

You are going to be very happy with the staff. They are as excited to have
us as we are to be there.  I met with them last week and they are wanting to
serve when and where there is a need.

Now don't let this take you away from convention business and meetings but
if you find time for yourself, there is a workout room, and indoor swimming
pool, and a hot tub outdoors.  This facility has several patio areas and if
it happens to be a little cool outside there are fire places. Oh, and don't
forget the in-house restaurant, Burger Theory.

The restaurant is open from 6:30 am to 10 p.m. except Friday and Saturday
closing is 11 p.m.

Friday, April 15th is the last day to reserve your room at the Holiday Inn
and still get the convention rate.  You can call the hotel directly at
208-227-9800.

Come renew old friendships and make new ones.

The Snake River Valley Chapter is ready to greet you and be your host in
2022!

Sincerely,

Sandy Streeter, President

Snake River Valley Chapter

National Federation of the Blind of Idaho