[NFB-Idaho] last night's group for people losing vision in adulthood

President NFBIDAHO pres.nfbidaho at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 13:02:33 UTC 2022

First, let me say that I am trying to post information that might be of
interest so we can use this list more to communicate. Starting in January,
the NFB of Idaho started a group for those who have lost vision as adults.
The  medical term is adventitiously blind. Even though I am congenitally
blind, I was invited to join. Lisa Baker is the moderator and last night the
group was especially interesting and informative. We talked about different
grocery store delivery options, including how to sign up, the costs, the
pros and cons etc. We then talked about a lot of miscellaneous topics
including how to sort socks, BARD and Audible for reading books, how to
improve echo location, using Be My Eyes and Ira  just to name a few. I think
we all learned something. I know I did, and our open honest discussions in
this group have brought us closer together as a small part of the blindness
community. I invite anyone to try us out. The group meets the first Monday
of the month at 8:00 PM MDT and 7:00 PDT. Lisa baker sends the invite. You
can email her at llbaker8 at msn.com or contact me at pres.nfbidaho at gmail.com.
This group is not restricted to NFB members so invite others to join you.