[NFB-Idaho] ideas to help curb Winter boredom

President of NFB Idaho pres.nfbidaho at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 04:40:51 UTC 2022

Tonight the group for those who are new to blindness, discussed ideas to do
during the Winter when it's cold and too Icey to go outside. Here were some
ideas.

Hadley.edu has classes on topics such as technology, home management,
cooking for people who are blind. You can see their offerings on their web
page. They also have discussion groups on many topics.

Audeovault.net is a library of described recorded movies and tv shows. These
programs are audio only, and have audio description as well.

The National Library Services, music division, has audio courses done by
Bill Brown to teach beginning and intermediate musical instruments such as
keyboard and guitar. These are free and are available from the National
Library Service music division.

Some of the NFB affiliates do special virtual activities that all are
welcome to join. South Carolina is doing Christmas movies and a technology
class. I will forward their announcement in a separate email.

The Northwest Association for Blind Athletes offers virtual exercise classes
5 days per week. These are totally described for the blind. Anyone
throughout the United States can register and participate. Contact
programsteam at nwaba.org to learn more. Not only do you get good exercise, but
you meet people.

Joe Thompson, president of the Palouse Empire Chapter, hosts a monthly book
club which is on the second Thursday of the month at 7:00 PM pacific time,
8:00 mountain time. They meet on zoom. I will try to send a reminder on this
listserv. If others on this listserv have ideas that we can enjoy, please
post.