[NFB-Idaho] information on the web accessibility bills in the house and senate please contact our congress persons about this.

President of NFB Idaho pres.nfbidaho at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 14:09:03 UTC 2022

Websites and Software Applications Accessibility Act, S. 4998/H.R. 9021:

On September 28, 2022, Senator Tammy Duckworth of Illinois introduced the
Websites and Software Applications Accessibility Act in the Senate. There
are three original cosponsors for the bill: Senator Bob Casey of
Pennsylvania, Senator Brian Schatz of Hawaii, and Senator Ed Markey of
Massachusetts. On the same day, Representative John Sarbanes of Maryland
introduced an identical bill in the House, which has been assigned bill
number H.R. 9021. Now that the bill is introduced in both chambers of
Congress, please contact your members in the House and Senate and ask them
to cosponsor the Websites and Software Applications Accessibility Act! For
more information, check out
<https://nfb.org/about-us/press-room/senator-duckworth-and-representative-sa
rbanes-introduce-bill-make-websites-and-software-accessible> our press
release.