[NFB-Idaho] I have signed on to Amazon Smile and now am donating to the National Federation of the Blind of Idaho

Treasurer NFB-Idaho treasurer at nfbidaho.org
Mon Oct 24 16:01:51 UTC 2022

Hi Ramona,

You ask a number of questions. I will try to answer them one at a time.

First, I don't know of a way to check who has added NFB-Idaho as their
AmazonSmile charity.

Second, once someone has added NFB-Idaho as their AmazonSmile charity,
Amazon won't ask again.

Third, Amazon Prime is different from AmazonSmile. "Prime" is a
subscription service (the customer pays for it) that provides free
shipping and access to Amazon movies and such. "AmazonSmile" is a way
for a customer to have Amazon donate a small amount of each purchase to
a charity the customer chooses. The customer doesn't pay any extra for
"AmazonSmile."

Fourth, the website at which someone can sign up for AmazonSmile is here
[2]. I haven't tested that website for accessibility, but Dana indicated
she had someone help in the process of signing up.

Finally, once you have signed up for AmazonSmile, you have to go to a
different webpage to start shopping if you want your purchases to count
toward your selected charity. You go to this website [3]
<https://smile.amazon.com>.

Hope this helps!

_don

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DON WINIECKI he, him, his [4]
Treasurer, National Federation of the Blind of Idaho
Visit our Facebook [5]
Visit our Homepage [6]
Mobile: 208-571-8096 [7]
E-mail: treasurer at nfbidaho.org
Donate to NFB-Idaho by clicking this link [8]!

-------------------------

On 2022-10-24 09:37 AM, Ramona via NFB-Idaho wrote:

> Dana and/or Don, this is good news! Do you know if those who are
> already signed up for amazon prime can change to amazon smile? Or does
> that question come up with every order? I think my kids will use it if
> I can give them  the right data.
> Cheers,
> Ramona
> On Oct 23, 2022 5:56 PM, Dana Ard via NFB-Idaho <nfb-idaho at nfbnet.org>
> wrote:
>
>> All of the problems with our Amazon Smile accounts have been solved,
>> thanks
>> to the work of our excellent state treasurer. I made my first purchase
>> under
>> the Amazon Smile. If you put in Amazon Smile, you will be prompted to
>> select
>> your charity. You can put in National Federation of the Blind of
>> Idaho. When
>> you order, you go to Amazon Smile instead of just Amazon. I had
>> someone help
>> me get signed up, but it wasn't hard. If you shop Amazon, sign up to
>> Amazon
>> Smile and help support our affiliate.Thanks.
>>
>> --
>> NFB-Idaho:
>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfb-idaho_nfbnet.org/walhoframona%40gmail.com
>
> Ramona