[NFB-Idaho] how do people handle the inaccessibility of credit card machines at the store or restaurant etc.?

Ramona walhoframona at gmail.com
Sat Aug 19 20:42:54 UTC 2023

If there is a clerk there, that person should just take care of the questions. If it is a kiosk, we are trying to get them to be accessible. I have seen keypads that acctually have Braille letters on some of them, but the clerks usually don't even know it. If you have to use a touch screen, the clerk has to interact. That may be the biggest part of  teaching a youngster how to use the card, getting him to look at the clerk and tell the person: I need you to tell me what the screen says and push the correct spot or show me where it is. I use credit cards, not debbit card, but I think the issues are pretty similar.
Best,
Ramona