[NFB-Idaho] Kudos to our State Treasurer!

Treasurer NFB-Idaho treasurer at nfbidaho.org
Sun Feb 5 20:11:14 UTC 2023

Awwww... Thanks!

In all fairness, Erin Olsen (my predecessor as Treasurer) had started a
Quickbooks account for NFB-Idaho using the desktop version of that
software. After some checking on my computer with NVDA, I found that the
desktop version has poor screen reader accessibility and I thought we
could do better.

I checked with my friend Jennifer Dunnam, who is the treasurer for the
Minnesota NFB Affiliate, and she indicated that the Quickbooks Online
version is accessible and she uses it for Minnesota. If it's good enough
for Jennifer, then it surely is good enough for me!

I found a supplier called "TechSoup" that offers subscriptions for
Quickbooks Online at a much lower subscription fee (hundreds of dollars
a year lower!) than offered by Intuit (the developer of Quickbooks
Online), and I have been using that version for NFB-Idaho for about a
year. I told NFB about that supplier and they are recommending that all
affiliates get their subscriptions to Quickbooks Online with TechSoup.

Luck favors those who are well prepared.

_don
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DON WINIECKI he, him, his [1]
Treasurer, National Federation of the Blind of Idaho
Visit our Facebook [2]
Visit our Homepage [3]
Mobile: 208-571-8096 [4]
E-mail: treasurer at nfbidaho.org
Donate to NFB-Idaho by clicking this link [5]!

-------------------------

On 2023-02-03 05:40 PM, Dana Ard via NFB-Idaho wrote:

> I learned this week that Idaho is the first affiliate to be up and
> running
> on Quick Books on-line! This is the new system for our national
> accounting
> with our national office. It's nice to be first! Thank you, Don for
> your
> excellent work. You make our affiliate proud.

Links:
------
[1] https://www.mypronouns.org/
[2] https://facebook.com/NationalFederationoftheBlindofIdaho/